Truce violation again; Pak troops fire on Indian posts
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation,
Pakistani troops fired on Indian positions in Nikowal forward
belt along the International Border (IB) in Jammu sector on Sunday morning.
Pak rangers opened unprovoked firing on Indian Border
Outposts which lasted over 45 minutes, a senior BSF officer said.
The BSF returned the fire, he said adding there were
no casualties on the Indian side.
It was yet another ceasefire violation by Pakistan, the
Last night, Pakistani snipers fired on a BSF patrol in
Budhwar area in Suchetgarh sub-sector along the IB, 45-km from
Jammu, killing a jawan.
With today`s firing, there have been five instances of
truce violation by Pakistani soldiers in less than a month.
On May five, Pakistani troops fired rockets and opened
indiscriminate firing on Indian positions in Poonch sector
along the LoC.
Two more such incidents took place in Poonch on April
22 and 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?