Truce violation again; Pak troops fire on Indian posts
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation,
Pakistani troops fired on Indian positions in Nikowal forward
belt along the International Border (IB) in Jammu sector on Sunday morning.
Pak rangers opened unprovoked firing on Indian Border
Outposts which lasted over 45 minutes, a senior BSF officer said.
The BSF returned the fire, he said adding there were
no casualties on the Indian side.
It was yet another ceasefire violation by Pakistan, the
Last night, Pakistani snipers fired on a BSF patrol in
Budhwar area in Suchetgarh sub-sector along the IB, 45-km from
Jammu, killing a jawan.
With today`s firing, there have been five instances of
truce violation by Pakistani soldiers in less than a month.
On May five, Pakistani troops fired rockets and opened
indiscriminate firing on Indian positions in Poonch sector
along the LoC.
Two more such incidents took place in Poonch on April
22 and 24.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way