Truce violation again; Pak troops fire on Indian posts
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation,
Pakistani troops fired on Indian positions in Nikowal forward
belt along the International Border (IB) in Jammu sector on Sunday morning.
Pak rangers opened unprovoked firing on Indian Border
Outposts which lasted over 45 minutes, a senior BSF officer said.
The BSF returned the fire, he said adding there were
no casualties on the Indian side.
It was yet another ceasefire violation by Pakistan, the
Last night, Pakistani snipers fired on a BSF patrol in
Budhwar area in Suchetgarh sub-sector along the IB, 45-km from
Jammu, killing a jawan.
With today`s firing, there have been five instances of
truce violation by Pakistani soldiers in less than a month.
On May five, Pakistani troops fired rockets and opened
indiscriminate firing on Indian positions in Poonch sector
along the LoC.
Two more such incidents took place in Poonch on April
22 and 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!