Truce violation again; Pak troops fire on Indian posts
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation,
Pakistani troops fired on Indian positions in Nikowal forward
belt along the International Border (IB) in Jammu sector on Sunday morning.
Pak rangers opened unprovoked firing on Indian Border
Outposts which lasted over 45 minutes, a senior BSF officer said.
The BSF returned the fire, he said adding there were
no casualties on the Indian side.
It was yet another ceasefire violation by Pakistan, the
Last night, Pakistani snipers fired on a BSF patrol in
Budhwar area in Suchetgarh sub-sector along the IB, 45-km from
Jammu, killing a jawan.
With today`s firing, there have been five instances of
truce violation by Pakistani soldiers in less than a month.
On May five, Pakistani troops fired rockets and opened
indiscriminate firing on Indian positions in Poonch sector
along the LoC.
Two more such incidents took place in Poonch on April
22 and 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM