‘Try Geelani for intimidating Kashmiri Pandits’
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Wednesday criticised separatist leader Ali Shah Geelani for his statement, in which has alleged the Centre was trying to settle RSS and Sangh Parivar members in the Valley, saying the hardliner was trying to vitiate atmosphere in the state.
"We strongly express resentment and anguish over the statement of Geelani against the settlement of Kashmiri Pandits in Kashmir. His statement is meant to vitiate the atmosphere and suit the unholy design of the separatists," general secretary Panun Kashmir, Kuldeep Raina said here.
Raina asked the government to take into account the "fascist declaration" of Geelani and try him for intimidating the minority community.
His statement is a grave threat to the security and safety of the left over Pandits who are working in the Valley under the employment packages, he said.
Panun Kashmir appeals to the state and Central government to provide fool proof security to members of the community, said the PK leader.
We are watching the developments very keenly and will not allow the community to be intimidated by the fascist threats of fundamentalists, Raina said.
Panun Kashmir had taken a historic stand in 1991 to strive for the creation of a homeland for the Kashmiri Pandits on the banks of the Vitasta river, he said.
Yesterday, Geelani said the Central government was settling RSS and Sangh Parivar members in the Valley in the garb of return of Kashmiri Pandits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble