‘Try Geelani for intimidating Kashmiri Pandits’
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Wednesday criticised separatist leader Ali Shah Geelani for his statement, in which has alleged the Centre was trying to settle RSS and Sangh Parivar members in the Valley, saying the hardliner was trying to vitiate atmosphere in the state.
"We strongly express resentment and anguish over the statement of Geelani against the settlement of Kashmiri Pandits in Kashmir. His statement is meant to vitiate the atmosphere and suit the unholy design of the separatists," general secretary Panun Kashmir, Kuldeep Raina said here.
Raina asked the government to take into account the "fascist declaration" of Geelani and try him for intimidating the minority community.
His statement is a grave threat to the security and safety of the left over Pandits who are working in the Valley under the employment packages, he said.
Panun Kashmir appeals to the state and Central government to provide fool proof security to members of the community, said the PK leader.
We are watching the developments very keenly and will not allow the community to be intimidated by the fascist threats of fundamentalists, Raina said.
Panun Kashmir had taken a historic stand in 1991 to strive for the creation of a homeland for the Kashmiri Pandits on the banks of the Vitasta river, he said.
Yesterday, Geelani said the Central government was settling RSS and Sangh Parivar members in the Valley in the garb of return of Kashmiri Pandits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid