Tunnel planned at Vailoo to shorten Anantnag-Kishtwar distance
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
plans to construct a tunnel at Vailoo on the just-opened
Anantnag-Kishtwar road to reduce the distance between the two
places and facilitate tourists, especially Amarnath pilgrims.
State Roads Minister G M Saroori today said more
facilities would be created at different spots along the route
for the convenience of travelers.
Saroori, who yesterday inaugurated the road built at Rs
4.50 crore, said the road linking Anantnag in south Kashmir
and Kishtwar district in Jammu could boost religious tourism
and improve the economy of the area.
The minister laid the foundation of a rest house and
shelter shed at Sinthantop, 70 kms from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened