Tunnel planned at Vailoo to shorten Anantnag-Kishtwar distance
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
plans to construct a tunnel at Vailoo on the just-opened
Anantnag-Kishtwar road to reduce the distance between the two
places and facilitate tourists, especially Amarnath pilgrims.
State Roads Minister G M Saroori today said more
facilities would be created at different spots along the route
for the convenience of travelers.
Saroori, who yesterday inaugurated the road built at Rs
4.50 crore, said the road linking Anantnag in south Kashmir
and Kishtwar district in Jammu could boost religious tourism
and improve the economy of the area.
The minister laid the foundation of a rest house and
shelter shed at Sinthantop, 70 kms from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter