Tunnel planned at Vailoo to shorten Anantnag-Kishtwar distance
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
plans to construct a tunnel at Vailoo on the just-opened
Anantnag-Kishtwar road to reduce the distance between the two
places and facilitate tourists, especially Amarnath pilgrims.
State Roads Minister G M Saroori today said more
facilities would be created at different spots along the route
for the convenience of travelers.
Saroori, who yesterday inaugurated the road built at Rs
4.50 crore, said the road linking Anantnag in south Kashmir
and Kishtwar district in Jammu could boost religious tourism
and improve the economy of the area.
The minister laid the foundation of a rest house and
shelter shed at Sinthantop, 70 kms from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon