Twelve more security bunkers removed in Srinagar city
Srinagar: A dozen bunkers of the security
forces have been freshly removed from Srinagar city in Jammu
and Kashmir following recommendations of the Centre`s
The bunkers were removed mostly from the old city areas
and outside educational institutions during the third phase of
reducing the footprints of security forces in the city, a
senior CRPF official said.
He said the bunkers were removed from Batamaloo (two),
Karan Nagar (two), Saraf Kadal, Rainawari, Zainakadal, Aali
Kadal, Baba Demb and Nowhatta.
The bunkers outside the Islamia College at Hawal and Amar
Singh College at Gogjibagh in the city were also removed.
With this, the total number of the bunkers removed from
the city has now gone up to 40. Sixteen bunkers were removed
in the first phase in October last year followed by removal of
another 12 bunker earlier this year.
The removal of bunkers was one of the eight points in the
package mooted by the Centre for improving the situation in
Kashmir Valley following last year`s summer unrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!