Two Amarnath pilgrims die of heart attack
Jammu: Two pilgrims died after they suffered heart attack enroute the cave shrine of Amarnath in Jammu and Kashmir.
50-year-old Krishen Kunji of Gujarat suffered a cardiac arrest last evening enroute the cave shrine at Bhawan and was admitted to medical aid centre where he died, a police officer said.
Another pilgrim, 51-year old Ashwani Bhai Patail of Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh, also died of a heart attack between Chandwari and Sheshnag area during the yatra on July 3.
Bodies of both have been handed over to their kins for last rites.
Four pilgrims have died till now during the Amarnath yatra which began on June 28.
Two pilgrims had died yesterday due to heart attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam