Two army jawans injured in friendly fire
Srinagar: Three persons, including two army jawans, were injured after one army unit fired at another unit mistaking them for militants in central Kashmir`s Budgam district, official sources said.
Army had laid a vehicle checking naka at Chattergam chowk, 20 kms from here, in Chadoora area of Budgam following information about movement of militants through the area, the sources said.
An army team travelling in a civil vehicle did not stop at the check point, giving rise to suspicion among the naka party, who opened fire, they said.
Two jawans and the civilian driver of the vehicle were injured in the incident, the sources added.
Army officials refused to comment on the incident.
A senior police official said a team has been sent to the spot to investigate the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife