Two army jawans injured in friendly fire
Srinagar: Three persons, including two army jawans, were injured after one army unit fired at another unit mistaking them for militants in central Kashmir`s Budgam district, official sources said.
Army had laid a vehicle checking naka at Chattergam chowk, 20 kms from here, in Chadoora area of Budgam following information about movement of militants through the area, the sources said.
An army team travelling in a civil vehicle did not stop at the check point, giving rise to suspicion among the naka party, who opened fire, they said.
Two jawans and the civilian driver of the vehicle were injured in the incident, the sources added.
Army officials refused to comment on the incident.
A senior police official said a team has been sent to the spot to investigate the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile
- Big fat royal wedding in Mysore, King Yaduveer Wadiyar ties the knot with Rajasthan royalty
- LeEco Le Max 2: Aiming to outshine rivals with powerful hardware, CDLA technology
- WATCH: How Lionel Messi missed crucial penalty kick in Copa America final against Chile