Two army jawans injured in friendly fire
Srinagar: Three persons, including two army jawans, were injured after one army unit fired at another unit mistaking them for militants in central Kashmir`s Budgam district, official sources said.
Army had laid a vehicle checking naka at Chattergam chowk, 20 kms from here, in Chadoora area of Budgam following information about movement of militants through the area, the sources said.
An army team travelling in a civil vehicle did not stop at the check point, giving rise to suspicion among the naka party, who opened fire, they said.
Two jawans and the civilian driver of the vehicle were injured in the incident, the sources added.
Army officials refused to comment on the incident.
A senior police official said a team has been sent to the spot to investigate the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review