Two Army jawans killed in heavy snowfall in J&K
Srinagar: Two Army personnel were killed due to heavy snowfall in Nougam sector near the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara district of north Kashmir on Friday, Army said.
"Two jawans were killed due to weather vagary at Padam Post in Nougam sector," Army spokesman Col B Pandey said.
He said the exact cause of the incident was not known due to communication breakdown.
A helicopter was sent to the scene to evacuate the bodies but could not land due to bad weather, the spokesman said.
Kashmir Valley is witnessing heavy snowfall in higher reaches including areas near the LoC since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!