Two Army jawans killed in heavy snowfall in J&K
Srinagar: Two Army personnel were killed due to heavy snowfall in Nougam sector near the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara district of north Kashmir on Friday, Army said.
"Two jawans were killed due to weather vagary at Padam Post in Nougam sector," Army spokesman Col B Pandey said.
He said the exact cause of the incident was not known due to communication breakdown.
A helicopter was sent to the scene to evacuate the bodies but could not land due to bad weather, the spokesman said.
Kashmir Valley is witnessing heavy snowfall in higher reaches including areas near the LoC since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’