Two Army personnel injured in firing by LeT militants in J&K
Srinagar: Two Army personnel were injured as the encounter between holed up militants and security forces broke out again today in a village of north Kashmir`s Baramulla district where five hardcore militants of Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) were killed, officials said.
Two Army personnel were injured in the fresh firing by militants in Sadapora village of Sopore, 55 kms from here, as security forces moved in to clear the debris of a house where the militants had taken shelter during the day-long encounter yesterday, the officials said.
They said security forces returned the fire and an exchange of firing was continuing when last reports were received.
Five hardcore LeT militants were killed by the security forces in the village yesterday and two more are believed to be hiding there.
"Efforts are on to neutralise the holed up militants," the officials said.
The security forces cordoned off the Sadapora village during the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday following specific information about presence of a heavily-armed militants in a house.
The militants opened fire, triggering a gunbattle which continued throughout the day yesterday during which the house was completely damaged, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police