Two arrested, poppy straw recovered in J&K
Srinagar: Two persons were on Tuesday arrested after large quantity of poppy straw was recovered from their possession in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, police said.
Nayeem Ahmad Bhat and Showkat Ahmad Khan were arrested during vehicle checking at Pattan, 27 kms from here, on the Srinagar-Baramulla road, a police spokesman said.
They said the duo was travelling in a cab and were found carrying four bags of banned poppy straw - a raw material used for making narcotic substances.
Bhat and Khan, both residents of Tantraypora village of Palhallan, were booked under NDPS act, the spokesman said.
Stating the driver of the cab Mohammad Ashraf Bhat was released after questioning, he said, the vehicle was seized along with the poppy straw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued