Two arrested, poppy straw recovered in J&K
Srinagar: Two persons were on Tuesday arrested after large quantity of poppy straw was recovered from their possession in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, police said.
Nayeem Ahmad Bhat and Showkat Ahmad Khan were arrested during vehicle checking at Pattan, 27 kms from here, on the Srinagar-Baramulla road, a police spokesman said.
They said the duo was travelling in a cab and were found carrying four bags of banned poppy straw - a raw material used for making narcotic substances.
Bhat and Khan, both residents of Tantraypora village of Palhallan, were booked under NDPS act, the spokesman said.
Stating the driver of the cab Mohammad Ashraf Bhat was released after questioning, he said, the vehicle was seized along with the poppy straw.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India