Two arrested with 20 kg rare medicinal herb
Jammu: Two persons have been arrested and 20 kg of a rare medicinal herb has been allegedly recovered from their possession in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint checkpoint of police and Army was established at Chinal Dandu, a police officer said.
Two persons -- Farooq Ahmed Gujjar and Hussain Ahmed -- were questioned after their vehicle was stopped for checking yesterday and 20 kg Nag Chattri, botanically known as `Trillidium Govanianum`, was recovered from their possession, he said.
Both the accused have been arrested and an investigation is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore