Two arrested with 20 kg rare medicinal herb
Jammu: Two persons have been arrested and 20 kg of a rare medicinal herb has been allegedly recovered from their possession in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint checkpoint of police and Army was established at Chinal Dandu, a police officer said.
Two persons -- Farooq Ahmed Gujjar and Hussain Ahmed -- were questioned after their vehicle was stopped for checking yesterday and 20 kg Nag Chattri, botanically known as `Trillidium Govanianum`, was recovered from their possession, he said.
Both the accused have been arrested and an investigation is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires