Two civilians hurt in firing from Pakistan
Jammu: Two civilians were injured Monday evening in unprovoked firing by Pakistani border guards in Samba sector of the border in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Jammu, JP Singh told a news agency: "Two civilians were injured today (Monday) evening when Pakistan Rangers violated the bilateral ceasefire and resorted to unprovoked firing from across the international border in Chachwal area of the Samba sector."
According to reports from the area, farmer Kulwant Singh and his wife were injured in the incident.
"Latest reports said that firing exchanges had started in the area as the Border Security Force have returned the fire," he said.
Monday`s ceasefire violation occurred in the same area where the security forces had July 28 discovered a tunnel leading from across the border into the Indian side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites