Two civilians hurt in firing from Pakistan
Jammu: Two civilians were injured Monday evening in unprovoked firing by Pakistani border guards in Samba sector of the border in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Jammu, JP Singh told a news agency: "Two civilians were injured today (Monday) evening when Pakistan Rangers violated the bilateral ceasefire and resorted to unprovoked firing from across the international border in Chachwal area of the Samba sector."
According to reports from the area, farmer Kulwant Singh and his wife were injured in the incident.
"Latest reports said that firing exchanges had started in the area as the Border Security Force have returned the fire," he said.
Monday`s ceasefire violation occurred in the same area where the security forces had July 28 discovered a tunnel leading from across the border into the Indian side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29