Two cops detained in connection with `illegal` activities
Srinagar: Two police constables were detained on Friday for their alleged involvement in "illegal" activities, police said here.
"Constables Manzoor Ahmad and Ishfaq Ahmad of Sadder police station were taken into custody after police received complaints about their involvement in illegal and anti-social activities," Senior Superintendent of Police, Srinagar, Ashiq Bukhari said.
Police is looking for a self-styled social worker, hailing from Channapora area of the city, as she is also alleged to be involved in these activities, Bukhari said.
Probes are on into the complaints and the department will take due action if the allegations are found to be correct, he said.
However, the SSP said that no case has been registered so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur