Two cops detained in connection with `illegal` activities
Srinagar: Two police constables were detained on Friday for their alleged involvement in "illegal" activities, police said here.
"Constables Manzoor Ahmad and Ishfaq Ahmad of Sadder police station were taken into custody after police received complaints about their involvement in illegal and anti-social activities," Senior Superintendent of Police, Srinagar, Ashiq Bukhari said.
Police is looking for a self-styled social worker, hailing from Channapora area of the city, as she is also alleged to be involved in these activities, Bukhari said.
Probes are on into the complaints and the department will take due action if the allegations are found to be correct, he said.
However, the SSP said that no case has been registered so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh