Two cops detained in connection with `illegal` activities
Srinagar: Two police constables were detained on Friday for their alleged involvement in "illegal" activities, police said here.
"Constables Manzoor Ahmad and Ishfaq Ahmad of Sadder police station were taken into custody after police received complaints about their involvement in illegal and anti-social activities," Senior Superintendent of Police, Srinagar, Ashiq Bukhari said.
Police is looking for a self-styled social worker, hailing from Channapora area of the city, as she is also alleged to be involved in these activities, Bukhari said.
Probes are on into the complaints and the department will take due action if the allegations are found to be correct, he said.
However, the SSP said that no case has been registered so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok