Two `die hard` stone-pelters booked in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday booked two "die hard" stone-pelters under the stringent Public Safety Act (PSA) and sent them to Kot Balwal jail in Jammu.
"Sajad Ahmad Geelani of Pandaan-Nowhatta and Haaris Ahmad Langoo of Gojwara were booked under PSA and sent to Kot Balwal Jail," a police spokesman said.
He said the duo were "die hard" stone pelters and wanted by police.
While six FIRs related to stone-pelting were lodged against 23-year-old Geelani at Khanyar Police station, 19-year-old Langoo was wanted in five similar cases, he said.
The arrest of the two youth led to protests by locals residents in parts of the interior city.
The protesters blocked the roads at Saraf Kadal, Kawdara, Nowhatta and Rajouri Kadal demanding release of the arrested youth, officials said adding some protesters turned violent at Saraf Kadal and Kawdara and indulged in stone pelting but were chased away by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi