Two `die hard` stone-pelters booked in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday booked two "die hard" stone-pelters under the stringent Public Safety Act (PSA) and sent them to Kot Balwal jail in Jammu.
"Sajad Ahmad Geelani of Pandaan-Nowhatta and Haaris Ahmad Langoo of Gojwara were booked under PSA and sent to Kot Balwal Jail," a police spokesman said.
He said the duo were "die hard" stone pelters and wanted by police.
While six FIRs related to stone-pelting were lodged against 23-year-old Geelani at Khanyar Police station, 19-year-old Langoo was wanted in five similar cases, he said.
The arrest of the two youth led to protests by locals residents in parts of the interior city.
The protesters blocked the roads at Saraf Kadal, Kawdara, Nowhatta and Rajouri Kadal demanding release of the arrested youth, officials said adding some protesters turned violent at Saraf Kadal and Kawdara and indulged in stone pelting but were chased away by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof