Two die in landslide near Vaishno Devi cave shrine
Jammu: Two pilgrims on way to Vaishno Devi
cave shrine died in a landslide triggered by rains in Reasi
district, police said Saturday.
As the pilgrims were proceeding towards the cave shrine
in Trikuta hills from Katra base camp, they were hit by
falling boulders at Hathi Matha last night.
A woman and a labourer suffered injuries and died on way
to hospital, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Prabha Devi of
Mumbai and Abdul Hamid of Reasi district, police said, adding
the bodies have been handed over to their families after
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation