Two drown in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: Two boys drowned in a dam while taking a bath in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
Muzamil Ahmad Mir and Tariq Ahmad Mir drowned in `Sarband` (dam) in their Wadder Bala village in Handwara area, 75 kms from here, last evening, a police spokesman said.
Their bodies were recovered from the water this morning.
Meanwhile, a woman and her daughter were feared drowned in Sopore area of Baramulla district today, police sources said.
Kajal (15) was helping her mother Zarina (38) in washing clothes on the banks of river Jhelum when the teenager slipped into the water.
Zarina jumped in to save her daughter, the sources said, adding that both were washed away.
Locals and police have launched a search operation to trace the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional