Two drown in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: Two boys drowned in a dam while taking a bath in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
Muzamil Ahmad Mir and Tariq Ahmad Mir drowned in `Sarband` (dam) in their Wadder Bala village in Handwara area, 75 kms from here, last evening, a police spokesman said.
Their bodies were recovered from the water this morning.
Meanwhile, a woman and her daughter were feared drowned in Sopore area of Baramulla district today, police sources said.
Kajal (15) was helping her mother Zarina (38) in washing clothes on the banks of river Jhelum when the teenager slipped into the water.
Zarina jumped in to save her daughter, the sources said, adding that both were washed away.
Locals and police have launched a search operation to trace the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery