Two drown in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: Two boys drowned in a dam while taking a bath in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
Muzamil Ahmad Mir and Tariq Ahmad Mir drowned in `Sarband` (dam) in their Wadder Bala village in Handwara area, 75 kms from here, last evening, a police spokesman said.
Their bodies were recovered from the water this morning.
Meanwhile, a woman and her daughter were feared drowned in Sopore area of Baramulla district today, police sources said.
Kajal (15) was helping her mother Zarina (38) in washing clothes on the banks of river Jhelum when the teenager slipped into the water.
Zarina jumped in to save her daughter, the sources said, adding that both were washed away.
Locals and police have launched a search operation to trace the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon