Two drown in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: Two boys drowned in a dam while taking a bath in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
Muzamil Ahmad Mir and Tariq Ahmad Mir drowned in `Sarband` (dam) in their Wadder Bala village in Handwara area, 75 kms from here, last evening, a police spokesman said.
Their bodies were recovered from the water this morning.
Meanwhile, a woman and her daughter were feared drowned in Sopore area of Baramulla district today, police sources said.
Kajal (15) was helping her mother Zarina (38) in washing clothes on the banks of river Jhelum when the teenager slipped into the water.
Zarina jumped in to save her daughter, the sources said, adding that both were washed away.
Locals and police have launched a search operation to trace the duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH