Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir
Srinagar: Security forces shot dead two guerrillas of the Hizbul Mujaheedin in Jammu and Kashmir early Saturday, police said.
Men from 29 Rashtriya Rifles and Special Operations Group (SOG) surrounded Nillah village in North Kashmir`s Baramulla district after being tipped about the rebels inside a house.
"The troops asked the militants to surrender, upon which they opened fire, triggering a gunfight which has now ended with both of them dead," an officer said.
The slain men were identified as locals. The house in which the guerrillas were holed up was damaged during the gunfight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof