Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir
Srinagar: Security forces shot dead two guerrillas of the Hizbul Mujaheedin in Jammu and Kashmir early Saturday, police said.
Men from 29 Rashtriya Rifles and Special Operations Group (SOG) surrounded Nillah village in North Kashmir`s Baramulla district after being tipped about the rebels inside a house.
"The troops asked the militants to surrender, upon which they opened fire, triggering a gunfight which has now ended with both of them dead," an officer said.
The slain men were identified as locals. The house in which the guerrillas were holed up was damaged during the gunfight.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?