Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir
Srinagar: Security forces shot dead two guerrillas of the Hizbul Mujaheedin in Jammu and Kashmir early Saturday, police said.
Men from 29 Rashtriya Rifles and Special Operations Group (SOG) surrounded Nillah village in North Kashmir`s Baramulla district after being tipped about the rebels inside a house.
"The troops asked the militants to surrender, upon which they opened fire, triggering a gunfight which has now ended with both of them dead," an officer said.
The slain men were identified as locals. The house in which the guerrillas were holed up was damaged during the gunfight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army