Two held for illicit smuggling of deodar timber
Srinagar: A forest official and one other person were arrested in Kupwara district of north Kashmir for allegedly smuggling deodar timber, police said today.
A Block Forest Officer and a timber smuggler were arrested when police, on a tip-off, raided forest compartment number 46 in Kupwara, 90 km from here, last evening, police said.
About 147 cubic feet of deodar timber cut illegally was seized during the operation, they said.
"The timber was cut down by a group of smugglers in connivance with the concerned forest official," they said.
A case was registered in Kralpora Police Station, they said, adding, efforts were on to trace others involved in the smuggling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi