Two held with 21 kg of poppy in J&K
Jammu: Two alleged drug peddlers were arrested in separate raids and more than 21 kg of poppy were seized from their possession in Udhampur and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a specific input, police raided a place in Khadigali area of Rajouri district and recovered 20 kg of poppy last evening, they said.
A person, identified as Abdul Razak, has been arrested in this connection and a case registered against him.
Meanwhile, in another raid in Udhampur, police intercepted an auto during a checking drive and recovered more than 1 kg of poppy from the vehicle.
The auto driver has been arrested and subsequently a case registered against him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen