Two held with 21 kg of poppy in J&K
Jammu: Two alleged drug peddlers were arrested in separate raids and more than 21 kg of poppy were seized from their possession in Udhampur and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a specific input, police raided a place in Khadigali area of Rajouri district and recovered 20 kg of poppy last evening, they said.
A person, identified as Abdul Razak, has been arrested in this connection and a case registered against him.
Meanwhile, in another raid in Udhampur, police intercepted an auto during a checking drive and recovered more than 1 kg of poppy from the vehicle.
The auto driver has been arrested and subsequently a case registered against him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!
- Sensex opens in green on renewed buying; up 58 points