Two held with 21 kg of poppy in J&K
Jammu: Two alleged drug peddlers were arrested in separate raids and more than 21 kg of poppy were seized from their possession in Udhampur and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a specific input, police raided a place in Khadigali area of Rajouri district and recovered 20 kg of poppy last evening, they said.
A person, identified as Abdul Razak, has been arrested in this connection and a case registered against him.
Meanwhile, in another raid in Udhampur, police intercepted an auto during a checking drive and recovered more than 1 kg of poppy from the vehicle.
The auto driver has been arrested and subsequently a case registered against him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof