Two held with 21 kg of poppy in J&K
Jammu: Two alleged drug peddlers were arrested in separate raids and more than 21 kg of poppy were seized from their possession in Udhampur and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a specific input, police raided a place in Khadigali area of Rajouri district and recovered 20 kg of poppy last evening, they said.
A person, identified as Abdul Razak, has been arrested in this connection and a case registered against him.
Meanwhile, in another raid in Udhampur, police intercepted an auto during a checking drive and recovered more than 1 kg of poppy from the vehicle.
The auto driver has been arrested and subsequently a case registered against him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?