Two held with 21 kg of poppy in J&K
Jammu: Two alleged drug peddlers were arrested in separate raids and more than 21 kg of poppy were seized from their possession in Udhampur and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Tuesday.
Acting on a specific input, police raided a place in Khadigali area of Rajouri district and recovered 20 kg of poppy last evening, they said.
A person, identified as Abdul Razak, has been arrested in this connection and a case registered against him.
Meanwhile, in another raid in Udhampur, police intercepted an auto during a checking drive and recovered more than 1 kg of poppy from the vehicle.
The auto driver has been arrested and subsequently a case registered against him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report