Two hideouts busted in J&K
Jammu: Two hideouts were busted by the security forces and a cache of arms and ammunition was recovered in Doda and Poonch districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
On a tip off, security forces and police launched a search operation in Damdidan area in Surankote tehsil of Poonch district early today and busted the hideout, officials
said, adding 140 rounds of PIKA gun, five electronic detonators, two chinese grenades, three AK magazines were recovered from it.
Another hideout was busted in Dooran Hans area of Bhaderwah tehsil in Doda district last night by the security forces.
Some explosives, two grenades, one pistol, one detonator were recovered from the hideout.
In a separate incident, a 10 kg artillery shell was found by a person identified as Trilok Singh when he was digging his fields yesterday in Digwar area near the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
He later informed the army troops, who rushed to the
spot and defused the device safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'