Two Hizb militants killed, 1 arrested in encounter
Srinagar: Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants
were on Wednesday shot dead and another arrested by security forces
in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ganderbal district.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of police and Rashtriya
Rifles launched a search operation in the forest area of Gutli
Bagh, 30 km from here, Central Kashmir DIG A G Mir said.
Two militants hiding in the area fired at the search
party. In the retaliatory action, both were killed, he said.
One of the slain militants was identified as Hizb
commander Mushtaq Khan alias Mushtaq Janghi alias Mushtaq
Killer, while the identity of his associate could not be
ascertained so far.
During the gunfight, another militant identified as
Muzaffar was arrested while he was trying to escape, the DIG
"Mushtaq was active since the inception of militancy in
the valley and was the longest surviving militant in the
valley. He was involved in the killing of about 25 civilians,"
- AgustaWestland row: Fossils of Congress' scams will be excavated years later, says Giriraj Singh
- Sitapur district authorities start demolition of Rampal Yadav-owned hotel-cum-multiplex
- MUST WATCH: Disgruntled employee tears down an aeroplane!
- Centre releases 25 more files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview