Two independent candidates from Kargil file nomination
Leh: Two independent candidates from Kargil on Friday filed their nominations for the Ladakh Lok Sabha seat, for which elections are to be held on May 7.
Former executive councillor of Kargil, Aga Syeed Kazmi Sabri and former MLA and Congress district president of Kargil, Ghulam Raza filed their nomination papers here.
Sabri is supported by Islamia Public School, Kargil, while Raza has the backing of Imam Khomeini Memorial Trust (IKMT).
With Congress` Tsering Samphel and BJP`s Thupstan Chhewang, Ladakh will witness a four-way battle for the Lok Sabha seat.
According to sources, BSP is planning to put up its candidate who is likely to file nomination papers tomorrow, the last day for filing of nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore