Two injured in accidental firing in J&K
Srinagar: Two persons were injured when the rifle of a private security guard accidentally went off in the heart of the city on Monday.
The 12-bore gun of a private security guard posted at an ATM near Exhibition crossing went off, injuring two passersby, police sources said.
The injured, Shabir Ahmad and Nazir Ahmad, were shifted to hospital.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the loaded gun of the security guard went off accidentally while he was performing his duty, they said, adding a case has been registered and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing