Two inured in stone-pelting in Srinagar
Srinagar: Two persons including an 11-year-old boy were on Saturday injured in stone-pelting by `miscreants` in Bandipora district of Kashmir, police said.
"An 11-year-old boy, Waheed Malik was seriously injured after getting hit in the eye by a stone pelted by miscreants at main market in Bandipora town, a police spokesman said.
He said Malik, who works as a waiter at a restaurant in Bandipora town, was on way to work when he was injured.
He has been referred to hospital for treatment, the spokesman said.
In another incident at Nasoo, one person was injured in a clash between stone pelters and local residents, the spokesman said.
He said the residents were objecting to stone pelting by miscreants.
Protests have been reported from several parts of the valley against the killing of five persons in CRPF firing in Shopian district last week. While four persons were killed on September 7, another youth was killed on September 11 during protests against the first incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai