Two inured in stone-pelting in Srinagar
Srinagar: Two persons including an 11-year-old boy were on Saturday injured in stone-pelting by `miscreants` in Bandipora district of Kashmir, police said.
"An 11-year-old boy, Waheed Malik was seriously injured after getting hit in the eye by a stone pelted by miscreants at main market in Bandipora town, a police spokesman said.
He said Malik, who works as a waiter at a restaurant in Bandipora town, was on way to work when he was injured.
He has been referred to hospital for treatment, the spokesman said.
In another incident at Nasoo, one person was injured in a clash between stone pelters and local residents, the spokesman said.
He said the residents were objecting to stone pelting by miscreants.
Protests have been reported from several parts of the valley against the killing of five persons in CRPF firing in Shopian district last week. While four persons were killed on September 7, another youth was killed on September 11 during protests against the first incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’