Two kids injured in mine blast near LoC in Rajouri
Jammu: Two minor children were critically injured when a mine exploded near the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
10-year-old Nazakat Ali and 7-year-old Gulnaz Kousar were grazing their cattle when they found a mine and started fiddling with it near the LoC in Keri sector of Rajouri district last evening, a police officer said here today.
During fiddling, the mine exploded injuring the two children, they said, adding Ali lost his foot and a hand in the blast, while the girl received multiple splinter injuries.
Both the children were shifted to district hospital at Rajouri and later Ali was referred Jammu and admitted in Government Medical College (GMC) hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble