Two kids injured in mine blast near LoC in Rajouri
Jammu: Two minor children were critically injured when a mine exploded near the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
10-year-old Nazakat Ali and 7-year-old Gulnaz Kousar were grazing their cattle when they found a mine and started fiddling with it near the LoC in Keri sector of Rajouri district last evening, a police officer said here today.
During fiddling, the mine exploded injuring the two children, they said, adding Ali lost his foot and a hand in the blast, while the girl received multiple splinter injuries.
Both the children were shifted to district hospital at Rajouri and later Ali was referred Jammu and admitted in Government Medical College (GMC) hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Congress backs Raghuram Rajan, says India ''going through a bad shape''
- Non-bailable warrant against BJP MP Manoj Tiwari, four others
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society
- Coach appointment will take another couple of months: Sourav Ganguly