Two kids injured in mine blast near LoC in Rajouri
Jammu: Two minor children were critically injured when a mine exploded near the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
10-year-old Nazakat Ali and 7-year-old Gulnaz Kousar were grazing their cattle when they found a mine and started fiddling with it near the LoC in Keri sector of Rajouri district last evening, a police officer said here today.
During fiddling, the mine exploded injuring the two children, they said, adding Ali lost his foot and a hand in the blast, while the girl received multiple splinter injuries.
Both the children were shifted to district hospital at Rajouri and later Ali was referred Jammu and admitted in Government Medical College (GMC) hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye