Two killed, 7 injured in separate mishaps in J-K
Srinagar: Two persons were killed and seven others, including an SPO, injured in separate road accidents in Kashmir Valley on Monday, police said.
A Sports Utility Vehicle overturned near Lethpora- Awantipora, 32 kms from here, on Srinagar-Jammu National highway, resulting in the death of its driver Habibullah Bhat
and injuries to five passengers, a police spokesman said.
The injured have taken to hospital, he added. In another incident, 13-year-old Rashid Hamid Ganie was killed when he was hit by a truck outside his house at Hamambal-Handwara, 80 kms from here, in Kupwara district.
The spokesman said Special Police Officer (SPO) Ghulam Mohammad Rather, a resident of Budgam, was injured when his motorcycle was hit by a car on Boulevard road along the banks of Dal Lake near Shanker Achariya crossing here.
Rather, who was posted in district police lines Srinagar, was shifted to hospital. Another motorcyclist Khurshid Ahmad Bhat was injured when he was hit by a passenger bus near his house at Lawaypora, 12 kms from here, on Srinagar-Baramulla national highway, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi