Two killed, 7 injured in separate mishaps in J-K
Srinagar: Two persons were killed and seven others, including an SPO, injured in separate road accidents in Kashmir Valley on Monday, police said.
A Sports Utility Vehicle overturned near Lethpora- Awantipora, 32 kms from here, on Srinagar-Jammu National highway, resulting in the death of its driver Habibullah Bhat
and injuries to five passengers, a police spokesman said.
The injured have taken to hospital, he added. In another incident, 13-year-old Rashid Hamid Ganie was killed when he was hit by a truck outside his house at Hamambal-Handwara, 80 kms from here, in Kupwara district.
The spokesman said Special Police Officer (SPO) Ghulam Mohammad Rather, a resident of Budgam, was injured when his motorcycle was hit by a car on Boulevard road along the banks of Dal Lake near Shanker Achariya crossing here.
Rather, who was posted in district police lines Srinagar, was shifted to hospital. Another motorcyclist Khurshid Ahmad Bhat was injured when he was hit by a passenger bus near his house at Lawaypora, 12 kms from here, on Srinagar-Baramulla national highway, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...