Two killed, 7 injured in separate mishaps in J-K
Srinagar: Two persons were killed and seven others, including an SPO, injured in separate road accidents in Kashmir Valley on Monday, police said.
A Sports Utility Vehicle overturned near Lethpora- Awantipora, 32 kms from here, on Srinagar-Jammu National highway, resulting in the death of its driver Habibullah Bhat
and injuries to five passengers, a police spokesman said.
The injured have taken to hospital, he added. In another incident, 13-year-old Rashid Hamid Ganie was killed when he was hit by a truck outside his house at Hamambal-Handwara, 80 kms from here, in Kupwara district.
The spokesman said Special Police Officer (SPO) Ghulam Mohammad Rather, a resident of Budgam, was injured when his motorcycle was hit by a car on Boulevard road along the banks of Dal Lake near Shanker Achariya crossing here.
Rather, who was posted in district police lines Srinagar, was shifted to hospital. Another motorcyclist Khurshid Ahmad Bhat was injured when he was hit by a passenger bus near his house at Lawaypora, 12 kms from here, on Srinagar-Baramulla national highway, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video