Two killed, 80 injured in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Two persons were killed and 80 others, including 42 students of a private school, were injured in two separate road accidents in Kashmir valley on Wenesday, police said.
Mohammad Altaf (28) and Nazir Ahmad Najar (22) were killed and 37 others injured when a passenger bus turned turtle near Dad-Ompora in Budgam district of central Kashmir on Wednesday morning, a police spokesman said.
He said the driver of the bus, which was on its way to Srinagar, lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a sharp turn.
The injured passengers have been rushed to various hospitals in Budgam and here, they said.
In another accident, the spokesman said 42 students of a private school were injured when their bus collided with a tractor at Bogund, 70 kms from here, in Kulgam district of south Kashmir.
The tractor driver was also injured in the accident, he said adding the students were heading for excursion when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!