Two killed, 80 injured in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Two persons were killed and 80 others, including 42 students of a private school, were injured in two separate road accidents in Kashmir valley on Wenesday, police said.
Mohammad Altaf (28) and Nazir Ahmad Najar (22) were killed and 37 others injured when a passenger bus turned turtle near Dad-Ompora in Budgam district of central Kashmir on Wednesday morning, a police spokesman said.
He said the driver of the bus, which was on its way to Srinagar, lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a sharp turn.
The injured passengers have been rushed to various hospitals in Budgam and here, they said.
In another accident, the spokesman said 42 students of a private school were injured when their bus collided with a tractor at Bogund, 70 kms from here, in Kulgam district of south Kashmir.
The tractor driver was also injured in the accident, he said adding the students were heading for excursion when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family