Two killed, 80 injured in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Two persons were killed and 80 others, including 42 students of a private school, were injured in two separate road accidents in Kashmir valley on Wenesday, police said.
Mohammad Altaf (28) and Nazir Ahmad Najar (22) were killed and 37 others injured when a passenger bus turned turtle near Dad-Ompora in Budgam district of central Kashmir on Wednesday morning, a police spokesman said.
He said the driver of the bus, which was on its way to Srinagar, lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a sharp turn.
The injured passengers have been rushed to various hospitals in Budgam and here, they said.
In another accident, the spokesman said 42 students of a private school were injured when their bus collided with a tractor at Bogund, 70 kms from here, in Kulgam district of south Kashmir.
The tractor driver was also injured in the accident, he said adding the students were heading for excursion when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth