Two killed, 80 injured in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Two persons were killed and 80 others, including 42 students of a private school, were injured in two separate road accidents in Kashmir valley on Wenesday, police said.
Mohammad Altaf (28) and Nazir Ahmad Najar (22) were killed and 37 others injured when a passenger bus turned turtle near Dad-Ompora in Budgam district of central Kashmir on Wednesday morning, a police spokesman said.
He said the driver of the bus, which was on its way to Srinagar, lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a sharp turn.
The injured passengers have been rushed to various hospitals in Budgam and here, they said.
In another accident, the spokesman said 42 students of a private school were injured when their bus collided with a tractor at Bogund, 70 kms from here, in Kulgam district of south Kashmir.
The tractor driver was also injured in the accident, he said adding the students were heading for excursion when the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest