Two killed, 80 injured in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Two persons were killed and 80 others, including 42 students of a private school, were injured in two separate road accidents in Kashmir valley on Wenesday, police said.
Mohammad Altaf (28) and Nazir Ahmad Najar (22) were killed and 37 others injured when a passenger bus turned turtle near Dad-Ompora in Budgam district of central Kashmir on Wednesday morning, a police spokesman said.
He said the driver of the bus, which was on its way to Srinagar, lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a sharp turn.
The injured passengers have been rushed to various hospitals in Budgam and here, they said.
In another accident, the spokesman said 42 students of a private school were injured when their bus collided with a tractor at Bogund, 70 kms from here, in Kulgam district of south Kashmir.
The tractor driver was also injured in the accident, he said adding the students were heading for excursion when the incident took place.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane