Two LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) guerrillas were Sunday killed in a gunfight with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said.
The gun battle took place in Nowpora Frisal village in Kulgam district, 75 km from Srinagar, a security officer told IANS.
Troopers of 1 Rashtriya Rifles and 90th and 18th battalion of the CRPF launched an operation on receiving information about the presence of militants.
The militants fired at the security forces, and during retaliation, two LeT guerrillas - later identified as Zubair Ahmad Bhat alias Musab and Ishfaq Ahmad Bhat alias Amir - were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike? - Part II
- Istanbul terror attack: 41 killed, ISIS prime suspect; Ataturk Airport resumes flights
- US polls: Barack Obama to campaign with Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump shrinks gap
- NSG membership: We 'regret' India's failure in Seoul but won't give up, says US
- Vladimir Putin lifts Turkey travel restrictions after phone call with Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Two-wheeler drivers not wearing helmets won't get petrol in these Kerala cities - Details inside