Two LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) guerrillas were Sunday killed in a gunfight with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said.
The gun battle took place in Nowpora Frisal village in Kulgam district, 75 km from Srinagar, a security officer told IANS.
Troopers of 1 Rashtriya Rifles and 90th and 18th battalion of the CRPF launched an operation on receiving information about the presence of militants.
The militants fired at the security forces, and during retaliation, two LeT guerrillas - later identified as Zubair Ahmad Bhat alias Musab and Ishfaq Ahmad Bhat alias Amir - were killed.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court ban on 2000 cc diesel cars stays
- Hotness alert! Ranveer Singh's macho avatar will make you go weak in the knees
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work