Two LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) guerrillas were Sunday killed in a gunfight with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said.
The gun battle took place in Nowpora Frisal village in Kulgam district, 75 km from Srinagar, a security officer told IANS.
Troopers of 1 Rashtriya Rifles and 90th and 18th battalion of the CRPF launched an operation on receiving information about the presence of militants.
The militants fired at the security forces, and during retaliation, two LeT guerrillas - later identified as Zubair Ahmad Bhat alias Musab and Ishfaq Ahmad Bhat alias Amir - were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi