Two LeT militants killed in shootout in J&K
Jammu: Two LeT militants were killed by security forces in a shootout in the mountainous district Kishtwar in Jammu and Kashmir early Sunday morning, an official said.
The Army and police launched a joint operation in Banzwar area, about 220 km northeast of Jammu Sunday morning, an official in Kishtwar district said.
"The contact with militants was established about two hours after encircling the hideout leading to exchange of fire," the official said.
The militants, Mohammad Rafi and Shahnawaz Khandey, belonged to the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) outfit, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore