Two LeT militants killed in shootout in J&K
Jammu: Two LeT militants were killed by security forces in a shootout in the mountainous district Kishtwar in Jammu and Kashmir early Sunday morning, an official said.
The Army and police launched a joint operation in Banzwar area, about 220 km northeast of Jammu Sunday morning, an official in Kishtwar district said.
"The contact with militants was established about two hours after encircling the hideout leading to exchange of fire," the official said.
The militants, Mohammad Rafi and Shahnawaz Khandey, belonged to the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) outfit, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony
- Vitara Brezza, Innova make it to top 10 best selling passenger vehicles in May
- Mohammad Anas shatters national record, qualifies for Rio Olympics men's 400m race
- Unstoppable Slam machine Novak Djokovic eyes fourth Wimbledon title
- AAP's protest march to 7 RCR: Detained Delhi Dy CM Sisodia, 52 MLAs released by police