Two LeT militants, policeman killed in gunbattle in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Taiba militants and a policeman were killed in a fierce gunbattle between ultras and security forces in Kulgam district of south Kashmir on Monday, police said.
The gunfight erupted in Dodhipora village, some 75-km from here, when a joint team of police and Rashtriya Rifles launched a search operation to flush out hiding militants.
Security forces confronted the ultras and in the ensuing gunbattle, two LeT ultras and a cop were killed, a police spokesman said.
The search operation was still on, he said adding this was the second major encounter between militants and security forces in the Valley in the past one week.
On December 19, six hardcore LeT militants were killed in Sopore town in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune