Two LeT militants, policeman killed in gunbattle in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Taiba militants and a policeman were killed in a fierce gunbattle between ultras and security forces in Kulgam district of south Kashmir on Monday, police said.
The gunfight erupted in Dodhipora village, some 75-km from here, when a joint team of police and Rashtriya Rifles launched a search operation to flush out hiding militants.
Security forces confronted the ultras and in the ensuing gunbattle, two LeT ultras and a cop were killed, a police spokesman said.
The search operation was still on, he said adding this was the second major encounter between militants and security forces in the Valley in the past one week.
On December 19, six hardcore LeT militants were killed in Sopore town in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof