Two LeT militants, policeman killed in gunbattle in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Taiba militants and a policeman were killed in a fierce gunbattle between ultras and security forces in Kulgam district of south Kashmir on Monday, police said.
The gunfight erupted in Dodhipora village, some 75-km from here, when a joint team of police and Rashtriya Rifles launched a search operation to flush out hiding militants.
Security forces confronted the ultras and in the ensuing gunbattle, two LeT ultras and a cop were killed, a police spokesman said.
The search operation was still on, he said adding this was the second major encounter between militants and security forces in the Valley in the past one week.
On December 19, six hardcore LeT militants were killed in Sopore town in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!