Two LeT militants, policeman killed in gunbattle in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Taiba militants and a policeman were killed in a fierce gunbattle between ultras and security forces in Kulgam district of south Kashmir on Monday, police said.
The gunfight erupted in Dodhipora village, some 75-km from here, when a joint team of police and Rashtriya Rifles launched a search operation to flush out hiding militants.
Security forces confronted the ultras and in the ensuing gunbattle, two LeT ultras and a cop were killed, a police spokesman said.
The search operation was still on, he said adding this was the second major encounter between militants and security forces in the Valley in the past one week.
On December 19, six hardcore LeT militants were killed in Sopore town in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Swamy drops another bomb, says major revelation on AgustaWestland scam will change politics by 2017
- Make free call from your mobile phone using this free calling trick
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- NASA-inspired 'miracle suit' helps new mothers survive blood loss
- Bombay High Court orders demolition of Adarsh Housing Society