Two militant hideouts busted in Valley
Srinagar: Two militant hideouts were on Wednesday
busted in Anantnag and Kupwara districts of Kashmir Valley and
a huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from there,
a police spokesman said.
On a tip off, police assisted by Rashtriya Rifles and
CRPF busted a hideout during a search operation at village
Akingam-Achabal, 75 kms from here, in Anantnag district, the
He said the search of the hideout, led to the recovery
of an Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL), 11 UBGL Grenades,
eight AK Magazines, four Grenade and 100 rounds of AK
In another operation, a hideout was busted by a joint
search party of police, 125th battalion CRPF and 18 Rashtriya
Rifles at Maidhanpora-Lalpora, 110 kms from here, in Kupwara
Four grenades, two AK magazines with 71 rounds
ammunition and two wireless sets have been recovered, he said.
However, no one was arrested during the operations,
the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das