Two militant hideouts busted in Valley
Srinagar: Two militant hideouts were on Wednesday
busted in Anantnag and Kupwara districts of Kashmir Valley and
a huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from there,
a police spokesman said.
On a tip off, police assisted by Rashtriya Rifles and
CRPF busted a hideout during a search operation at village
Akingam-Achabal, 75 kms from here, in Anantnag district, the
He said the search of the hideout, led to the recovery
of an Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL), 11 UBGL Grenades,
eight AK Magazines, four Grenade and 100 rounds of AK
In another operation, a hideout was busted by a joint
search party of police, 125th battalion CRPF and 18 Rashtriya
Rifles at Maidhanpora-Lalpora, 110 kms from here, in Kupwara
Four grenades, two AK magazines with 71 rounds
ammunition and two wireless sets have been recovered, he said.
However, no one was arrested during the operations,
the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan