Two militant hideouts busted in Valley
Srinagar: Two militant hideouts were on Wednesday
busted in Anantnag and Kupwara districts of Kashmir Valley and
a huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from there,
a police spokesman said.
On a tip off, police assisted by Rashtriya Rifles and
CRPF busted a hideout during a search operation at village
Akingam-Achabal, 75 kms from here, in Anantnag district, the
He said the search of the hideout, led to the recovery
of an Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL), 11 UBGL Grenades,
eight AK Magazines, four Grenade and 100 rounds of AK
In another operation, a hideout was busted by a joint
search party of police, 125th battalion CRPF and 18 Rashtriya
Rifles at Maidhanpora-Lalpora, 110 kms from here, in Kupwara
Four grenades, two AK magazines with 71 rounds
ammunition and two wireless sets have been recovered, he said.
However, no one was arrested during the operations,
the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’