Two militant hideouts busted in Valley
Srinagar: Two militant hideouts were on Wednesday
busted in Anantnag and Kupwara districts of Kashmir Valley and
a huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from there,
a police spokesman said.
On a tip off, police assisted by Rashtriya Rifles and
CRPF busted a hideout during a search operation at village
Akingam-Achabal, 75 kms from here, in Anantnag district, the
He said the search of the hideout, led to the recovery
of an Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL), 11 UBGL Grenades,
eight AK Magazines, four Grenade and 100 rounds of AK
In another operation, a hideout was busted by a joint
search party of police, 125th battalion CRPF and 18 Rashtriya
Rifles at Maidhanpora-Lalpora, 110 kms from here, in Kupwara
Four grenades, two AK magazines with 71 rounds
ammunition and two wireless sets have been recovered, he said.
However, no one was arrested during the operations,
the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH