Two militants held ahead of Zubin Mehta concert
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) guerrillas have been arrested in this summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, ahead of Saturday`s concert by the acclaimed Bavarian State Orchestra under the baton of maestro Zubin Mehta, police said.
Police sources said that the two were arrested from Chanapora locality Thursday. One of them had reportedly come from Sopore town in the northern part of Kashmir.
Arms and ammunition have been recovered from them.
Three lesser known guerrilla groups have threatened to target foreigners in Jammu and Kashmir if authorities went ahead with the concert.
Intelligence sources said that the the Pakistan-backed LeT often acts in the name of lesser known groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok