Two militants held ahead of Zubin Mehta concert
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) guerrillas have been arrested in this summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, ahead of Saturday`s concert by the acclaimed Bavarian State Orchestra under the baton of maestro Zubin Mehta, police said.
Police sources said that the two were arrested from Chanapora locality Thursday. One of them had reportedly come from Sopore town in the northern part of Kashmir.
Arms and ammunition have been recovered from them.
Three lesser known guerrilla groups have threatened to target foreigners in Jammu and Kashmir if authorities went ahead with the concert.
Intelligence sources said that the the Pakistan-backed LeT often acts in the name of lesser known groups.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference