Two militants held ahead of Zubin Mehta concert
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) guerrillas have been arrested in this summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, ahead of Saturday`s concert by the acclaimed Bavarian State Orchestra under the baton of maestro Zubin Mehta, police said.
Police sources said that the two were arrested from Chanapora locality Thursday. One of them had reportedly come from Sopore town in the northern part of Kashmir.
Arms and ammunition have been recovered from them.
Three lesser known guerrilla groups have threatened to target foreigners in Jammu and Kashmir if authorities went ahead with the concert.
Intelligence sources said that the the Pakistan-backed LeT often acts in the name of lesser known groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway