Two militants held ahead of Zubin Mehta concert
Srinagar: Two Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) guerrillas have been arrested in this summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, ahead of Saturday`s concert by the acclaimed Bavarian State Orchestra under the baton of maestro Zubin Mehta, police said.
Police sources said that the two were arrested from Chanapora locality Thursday. One of them had reportedly come from Sopore town in the northern part of Kashmir.
Arms and ammunition have been recovered from them.
Three lesser known guerrilla groups have threatened to target foreigners in Jammu and Kashmir if authorities went ahead with the concert.
Intelligence sources said that the the Pakistan-backed LeT often acts in the name of lesser known groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor