Two militants holed up in Srinagar, operation on to nab them
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Srinagar: The security forces have begun a massive operation to nab two suspected militants holed up in a house in Ahmednagar on outskirts of Srinagar in Jammu And Kashmir, reports claimed on Monday.
According to reports, the security officials have asked the militants to surrender but the ultras have refused do so.
The militants, however, allowed the wife of the house owner, Abdul Majid Rangrez, to leave the building but have detained him inside, police said.
A senior police officer said the security forces have evacuated the civilians from nearby houses to avoid any collateral damage in case the militants do not surrender.
Police launched the operation yesterday following information about presence of militants in Ahmadnagar area.
A brief exchange of firing took place between police and militants last evening, resulting in injuries to one cop.
More details are awaited.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists