Two militants holed up in Srinagar, operation on to nab them
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Srinagar: The security forces have begun a massive operation to nab two suspected militants holed up in a house in Ahmednagar on outskirts of Srinagar in Jammu And Kashmir, reports claimed on Monday.
According to reports, the security officials have asked the militants to surrender but the ultras have refused do so.
The militants, however, allowed the wife of the house owner, Abdul Majid Rangrez, to leave the building but have detained him inside, police said.
A senior police officer said the security forces have evacuated the civilians from nearby houses to avoid any collateral damage in case the militants do not surrender.
Police launched the operation yesterday following information about presence of militants in Ahmadnagar area.
A brief exchange of firing took place between police and militants last evening, resulting in injuries to one cop.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!