Two militants killed in encounter in J&K
Srinagar: Two unidentified militants were on Friday killed in an encounter with security forces in Sopore area of north Kashmir Baramulla district, officials said.
A gunbattle broke out in Nowpora locality of Sopore town, 55 kms from here, after security forces came under fire from militants during a cordon and search operation, the officials said.
Two militants have been killed so far, they said, adding that the search operation was in progress when reports last came in.
This is third major success for security forces in as many days as six militants have been killed.
Two militants were killed in an encounter in Zachaldara area of Kupwara district on Wednesday followed by killing of two more ultras including the Divisional Commander of Jaish-e-Mohammad outfit in Keller area of Shopian district
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!