Two militants killed in encounter in J&K
Srinagar: Two militants were killed on Sunday in
a fierce gun battle with security forces in the forest area of
Kangan in central Kashmir`s Ganderbal district.
Officials said body of one militant has been recovered
from the site of the encounter and search is on for the other.
Acting on a tip-off, Army assisted by police launched
search operation in Chattergul forests in Kangan area, 50 kms
from here, on Srinagar-Leh road, the officials said.
They said contact was established with a group of
militants, who opened firing on the security forces.
The security forces returned the firing, triggering off a
gun battle. Two militants were killed in the encounter during
which a residential house was gutted.
So far only one body has been recovered while search
is on for the other militant, the officials said, adding that
an AK rifle has been recovered from the spot.
Although the identity and group affiliation of the
militants was not immediately known, a senior police officer
said preliminary investigations have revealed that they were
"The inmates of the house where the militants were
hiding told us that they were speaking a language which they
could not comprehend. Probably, they were Afghans or from NWFP
(Khyber Pakhtunhhwa)," SP Ganderbal Shahid Mehraj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie