Two militants killed in encounters
Srinagar: Two militants were killed in
separate encounters with security forces in Sopore and
Handwara townships of North Kashmir today, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a combined team of police and
troops of 22 Rashtriya Rifles launched a search operation this
morning in Dooru village at Sopore area, 55 kms from here in
Baramulla district, a police spokesman said.
The militants were asked to surrender, but a gunbattle
started when they opened fire.
One militant has been killed in the encounter so far,
the spokesman said, adding that the identity and group
affiliation of the slain militant could not be ascertained
immediately as the encounter is still going on.
In an another encounter, the spokesman said troops of
21 and six Rashtriya rifles shot dead an unidentified militant
at Dardhaji in Zachaldara area of Handwara, 80 kms from here
in Kupwara district this morning.
The body was later handed over to police post
Zachaldara for identification and other legal formalities, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’