Two militants killed in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two militants were killed by the Indian Army in Kupwara district of Kashmir on Friday where the Army foiled an infiltration bid.
Two intruding guerrillas were killed in the Keran sector of the Line of Control (LoC) where alert troops of the Army spotted a group of infiltrating guerrillas and challenged them, a defence spokesman said.
The Army`s operation against the 30-40 infiltrators in Keran sector has entered the 11th day today.
The Army has claimed to kill 15 of these surrounded militants but so far no bodies have been recovered.
Defence sources also said that for the last 24 hrs, the probing fire by the Army has not been returned by the militants in the area where the Army is proceeding very cautiously to clear the cordoned area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees