Two militants killed in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two militants were killed by the Indian Army in Kupwara district of Kashmir on Friday where the Army foiled an infiltration bid.
Two intruding guerrillas were killed in the Keran sector of the Line of Control (LoC) where alert troops of the Army spotted a group of infiltrating guerrillas and challenged them, a defence spokesman said.
The Army`s operation against the 30-40 infiltrators in Keran sector has entered the 11th day today.
The Army has claimed to kill 15 of these surrounded militants but so far no bodies have been recovered.
Defence sources also said that for the last 24 hrs, the probing fire by the Army has not been returned by the militants in the area where the Army is proceeding very cautiously to clear the cordoned area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur