Two militants killed in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two militants were killed by the Indian Army in Kupwara district of Kashmir on Friday where the Army foiled an infiltration bid.
Two intruding guerrillas were killed in the Keran sector of the Line of Control (LoC) where alert troops of the Army spotted a group of infiltrating guerrillas and challenged them, a defence spokesman said.
The Army`s operation against the 30-40 infiltrators in Keran sector has entered the 11th day today.
The Army has claimed to kill 15 of these surrounded militants but so far no bodies have been recovered.
Defence sources also said that for the last 24 hrs, the probing fire by the Army has not been returned by the militants in the area where the Army is proceeding very cautiously to clear the cordoned area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest