Two militants killed in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two militants were killed by the Indian Army in Kupwara district of Kashmir on Friday where the Army foiled an infiltration bid.
Two intruding guerrillas were killed in the Keran sector of the Line of Control (LoC) where alert troops of the Army spotted a group of infiltrating guerrillas and challenged them, a defence spokesman said.
The Army`s operation against the 30-40 infiltrators in Keran sector has entered the 11th day today.
The Army has claimed to kill 15 of these surrounded militants but so far no bodies have been recovered.
Defence sources also said that for the last 24 hrs, the probing fire by the Army has not been returned by the militants in the area where the Army is proceeding very cautiously to clear the cordoned area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Theresa May: Will she prove to be the second Iron Lady UK needs after Brexit?
- Political parties slam CM Mufti's 'wasn't aware of Burhan's whereabouts' remarks
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week