Two militants killed in Kupwara gunbattle
Srinagar: Two militants were killed in a gunbattle with security forces in Kupwara district of North Kashmir, a defence spokesman said on Thursday.
The encounter broke out between militants, hiding in Rajwar forest in Handwara, 90 kms from here, and security forces last night, Defence Spokesman Lt Col AS Brar said.
On specific information about the presence of militants in the forest, security forces had cordoned off the area.
The militants opened fire on the search party and in the ensuing gunbattle, two militants, who are yet to be identified, were killed last night, he said.
The gunbattle was going on when reports came in last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?