Two militants killed in Kupwara gunbattle
Srinagar: Two militants were killed in a gunbattle with security forces in Kupwara district of North Kashmir, a defence spokesman said on Thursday.
The encounter broke out between militants, hiding in Rajwar forest in Handwara, 90 kms from here, and security forces last night, Defence Spokesman Lt Col AS Brar said.
On specific information about the presence of militants in the forest, security forces had cordoned off the area.
The militants opened fire on the search party and in the ensuing gunbattle, two militants, who are yet to be identified, were killed last night, he said.
The gunbattle was going on when reports came in last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what