Two militants killed near Jammu
Jammu: Two militants were killed in a gunfight with security forces Sunday morning in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, police said.
A joint team of the Indian Army and Jammu and Kashmir Police raided a suspected hideout of militants in the jungles in Gandoh area in Doda, some 180 km from Jammu. A gun battle followed in which two militants were killed, a police official said.
"It appears that the two belong to Hizbul Mujahideen outfit, but we are trying to verify the details. Searches are also on to find out if there were more militants hiding in the area," a senior police officer of Doda told a news agency over phone.
Security forces have of late been conducting raids in mountainous areas of the Jammu region where militants have carved out hideouts in jungles and naturally made caves.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know