Two militants killed near Jammu
Jammu: Two militants were killed in a gunfight with security forces Sunday morning in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district, police said.
A joint team of the Indian Army and Jammu and Kashmir Police raided a suspected hideout of militants in the jungles in Gandoh area in Doda, some 180 km from Jammu. A gun battle followed in which two militants were killed, a police official said.
"It appears that the two belong to Hizbul Mujahideen outfit, but we are trying to verify the details. Searches are also on to find out if there were more militants hiding in the area," a senior police officer of Doda told a news agency over phone.
Security forces have of late been conducting raids in mountainous areas of the Jammu region where militants have carved out hideouts in jungles and naturally made caves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender