Two militants surrender in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two local militants surrendered
before the Army in South Kashmir`s Pulwama district, a defence
spokesman said on Wednesday.
Acting on a specific information about the presence of
militants in a house in village Sangawani, a joint team of the
Special Operations Group and the Army surrounded the place
last evening, spokesman Lt Colonel J S Brar said.
When challenged, the two militants immediately offered
to surrender, he said.
"The two were local terrorists identified as Shabbir
Kalas and Liaqat Ahmed Gorsi," Lt Col Brar said.
A pistol, two Chinese grenades and four grenades of
under barrel grenade launcher (UBGL) were recovered from their
"Eight local terrorists have surrendered to police and
Army this year," the spokesman said.
Unidentified militants shot at and injured a Special
Police Officer at his home in north Kashmir`s Sopore town.
SPO Javaid Ahmed Lone of Logripora Bomia village in
Sopore was shot by militants last night, a police spokesman
He was shifted to a Srinagar hospital for further
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP