Two militants surrender in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two local militants surrendered
before the Army in South Kashmir`s Pulwama district, a defence
spokesman said on Wednesday.
Acting on a specific information about the presence of
militants in a house in village Sangawani, a joint team of the
Special Operations Group and the Army surrounded the place
last evening, spokesman Lt Colonel J S Brar said.
When challenged, the two militants immediately offered
to surrender, he said.
"The two were local terrorists identified as Shabbir
Kalas and Liaqat Ahmed Gorsi," Lt Col Brar said.
A pistol, two Chinese grenades and four grenades of
under barrel grenade launcher (UBGL) were recovered from their
"Eight local terrorists have surrendered to police and
Army this year," the spokesman said.
Unidentified militants shot at and injured a Special
Police Officer at his home in north Kashmir`s Sopore town.
SPO Javaid Ahmed Lone of Logripora Bomia village in
Sopore was shot by militants last night, a police spokesman
He was shifted to a Srinagar hospital for further
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery