Two militants surrender in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two local militants surrendered
before the Army in South Kashmir`s Pulwama district, a defence
spokesman said on Wednesday.
Acting on a specific information about the presence of
militants in a house in village Sangawani, a joint team of the
Special Operations Group and the Army surrounded the place
last evening, spokesman Lt Colonel J S Brar said.
When challenged, the two militants immediately offered
to surrender, he said.
"The two were local terrorists identified as Shabbir
Kalas and Liaqat Ahmed Gorsi," Lt Col Brar said.
A pistol, two Chinese grenades and four grenades of
under barrel grenade launcher (UBGL) were recovered from their
"Eight local terrorists have surrendered to police and
Army this year," the spokesman said.
Unidentified militants shot at and injured a Special
Police Officer at his home in north Kashmir`s Sopore town.
SPO Javaid Ahmed Lone of Logripora Bomia village in
Sopore was shot by militants last night, a police spokesman
He was shifted to a Srinagar hospital for further
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal