Two militants surrender in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two local militants surrendered
before the Army in South Kashmir`s Pulwama district, a defence
spokesman said on Wednesday.
Acting on a specific information about the presence of
militants in a house in village Sangawani, a joint team of the
Special Operations Group and the Army surrounded the place
last evening, spokesman Lt Colonel J S Brar said.
When challenged, the two militants immediately offered
to surrender, he said.
"The two were local terrorists identified as Shabbir
Kalas and Liaqat Ahmed Gorsi," Lt Col Brar said.
A pistol, two Chinese grenades and four grenades of
under barrel grenade launcher (UBGL) were recovered from their
"Eight local terrorists have surrendered to police and
Army this year," the spokesman said.
Unidentified militants shot at and injured a Special
Police Officer at his home in north Kashmir`s Sopore town.
SPO Javaid Ahmed Lone of Logripora Bomia village in
Sopore was shot by militants last night, a police spokesman
He was shifted to a Srinagar hospital for further
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets