Two militants surrender in Kashmir
Srinagar: Two local militants surrendered
before the Army in South Kashmir`s Pulwama district, a defence
spokesman said on Wednesday.
Acting on a specific information about the presence of
militants in a house in village Sangawani, a joint team of the
Special Operations Group and the Army surrounded the place
last evening, spokesman Lt Colonel J S Brar said.
When challenged, the two militants immediately offered
to surrender, he said.
"The two were local terrorists identified as Shabbir
Kalas and Liaqat Ahmed Gorsi," Lt Col Brar said.
A pistol, two Chinese grenades and four grenades of
under barrel grenade launcher (UBGL) were recovered from their
"Eight local terrorists have surrendered to police and
Army this year," the spokesman said.
Unidentified militants shot at and injured a Special
Police Officer at his home in north Kashmir`s Sopore town.
SPO Javaid Ahmed Lone of Logripora Bomia village in
Sopore was shot by militants last night, a police spokesman
He was shifted to a Srinagar hospital for further
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security