Two minors die in mishaps in J&K
Srinagar: A toddler drowned in a stream while a teenage boy was killed after falling down from a hill top in two separate mishaps in the Kashmir Valley, police said on Monday.
In Kupwara district, four-year-old Irtika Shafi died after she slipped into a stream yesterday while playing, a police spokesperson said.
Body of the girl was later fished out, the official said.
In another mishap which took place in Kupwara district, 14-year-old Waris Ahmad died on the spot after falling down from a hill top in Awantipora area yesterday, he said.
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest
- China, Russia rap US missile defence plan in S Korea
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti