Two minors die in mishaps in J&K
Srinagar: A toddler drowned in a stream while a teenage boy was killed after falling down from a hill top in two separate mishaps in the Kashmir Valley, police said on Monday.
In Kupwara district, four-year-old Irtika Shafi died after she slipped into a stream yesterday while playing, a police spokesperson said.
Body of the girl was later fished out, the official said.
In another mishap which took place in Kupwara district, 14-year-old Waris Ahmad died on the spot after falling down from a hill top in Awantipora area yesterday, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak