Two `old` bombs go off near IB in Jammu, triggers panic
Jammu: Two bombs, which apparently had been fired earlier and were lying around for some time, exploded today near the border fencing along the International Border in Jammu frontier, triggering panic among the residents.
The blasts took place near Border Out Posts (BoPs) -- Beli Azmat and Gole Pattan -- along the IB here, but no casualty has been reported, a senior BSF officer said.
"Two blind bombs, which may have been fired earlier and lying there for some time, have exploded in the fields near two BoPs in Kanachak belt of Jammu today," he said.
"There was no incident of shelling or firing from Pakistan. It has been relatively calm along the border since past there days," the officer said.
Hundreds of shells of 61 mm and 82 mm mortars besides, rockets have been fired by Pakistani troops on BOPS and civilian villages along the 198 km-long IB in Jammu frontiers from October 14-25 in which 2 jawans and 32 people including 17 civilians were killed.
Some of the shells of these ammunition are still lying hidden in the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch