Two Pakistani militants shot dead in Baramulla
Srinagar: Two Pakistani militants belonging
to Harkatul Mujahideen outfit were killed in an overnight
gunbattle with security forces in Baramulla district of north
The bodies of Sajid and Umer, hailing from Pakistan, were
recovered this morning from a house in Poshnad-Kreeri, 55 kms
from here, police said.
The militants fired at a search party of special
operations group of local police and troops of 29 Rashtriya
Rifles last evening, they said, adding the ultras belonging to
Harkatul Mujahideen were killed in the ensuing gunbattle.
Two AK 47 rifles and a large number of ammunition were
recovered from the slain militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing