Two policeman killed in Kashmir firing
Srinagar: Two policeman were killed in Jammu and Kashmir Monday when militants fired at a vehicle transporting food for police personnel, officials said.
The daring hit-and-run attack took place in Pulwama town, 30 km from here.
"A police vehicle was carrying food for policemen posted in Pulwama court when militants opened fire," Inspector General of Police Abdul Ghani Mir said.
"The driver of the vehicle was killed on the spot while another policeman succumbed to his injuries," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray