Two policemen arrested with Chinese-made pistols
Jammu: Two policemen have been arrested with Chinese-made pistols and ammunition in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said here on Thursday.
Acting on specific information about suspicious activities of some policemen, a team of Special Operation Group intercepted Ishfaq Ahmed and Mohd Zakheer on motorcycle, going from Mendhar in Poonch to Rajouri yesterday, a police officer said.
The police team of SOG led by Deputy SP Azad Sheikh recovered two Chinese-made pistols, two magazines and four live rounds from their possession, he said, adding that both of them were arrested.
A case has been registered against the duo -- Ahmed, of Naika Panjgrain, (Manajakote) and Zakheer, of Rajdhani (Tehsil Thannamandi) -- in this regard, he said.
The duo has been sent for questioning and some more arrests and recoveries are likely to be effected in the coming days, the officer said. He did not rule out the possibility of their links with militancy.
The accused, who were working as police followers, were under the scanner for use of drugs and other activities in the past, he said.
Zakheer was transferred to Kishtwar from Rajouri six months back but he did not join duty there, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir