Two policemen arrested with Chinese-made pistols
Jammu: Two policemen have been arrested with Chinese-made pistols and ammunition in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said here on Thursday.
Acting on specific information about suspicious activities of some policemen, a team of Special Operation Group intercepted Ishfaq Ahmed and Mohd Zakheer on motorcycle, going from Mendhar in Poonch to Rajouri yesterday, a police officer said.
The police team of SOG led by Deputy SP Azad Sheikh recovered two Chinese-made pistols, two magazines and four live rounds from their possession, he said, adding that both of them were arrested.
A case has been registered against the duo -- Ahmed, of Naika Panjgrain, (Manajakote) and Zakheer, of Rajdhani (Tehsil Thannamandi) -- in this regard, he said.
The duo has been sent for questioning and some more arrests and recoveries are likely to be effected in the coming days, the officer said. He did not rule out the possibility of their links with militancy.
The accused, who were working as police followers, were under the scanner for use of drugs and other activities in the past, he said.
Zakheer was transferred to Kishtwar from Rajouri six months back but he did not join duty there, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch