Two powerful IEDs recovered from militant hideout
Jammu: Ahead of Republic Day celebrations, security forces foiled the plan of militants to trigger blasts after busting a hideout and recovering substantial quantity of ammunition in Rajouri district.
A column of Rashtriya Rifles busted a hideout and recovered the cache from general area of Suni Gala, 2-km from Gadyog belt in Rajouri district today, official sources said here.
The cache included two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), 437 rounds of AK rifle ammunition, 2 AK magazines, 3 detonators, 5 UBGL grenades and 6 Chinese grenades, they said.
The IEDs, weighing 8 kg each, were likely to be used for triggering blasts ahead of the Republic Day function here, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside