Two powerful IEDs recovered from militant hideout
Jammu: Ahead of Republic Day celebrations, security forces foiled the plan of militants to trigger blasts after busting a hideout and recovering substantial quantity of ammunition in Rajouri district.
A column of Rashtriya Rifles busted a hideout and recovered the cache from general area of Suni Gala, 2-km from Gadyog belt in Rajouri district today, official sources said here.
The cache included two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), 437 rounds of AK rifle ammunition, 2 AK magazines, 3 detonators, 5 UBGL grenades and 6 Chinese grenades, they said.
The IEDs, weighing 8 kg each, were likely to be used for triggering blasts ahead of the Republic Day function here, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range