Two powerful IEDs recovered from militant hideout
Jammu: Ahead of Republic Day celebrations, security forces foiled the plan of militants to trigger blasts after busting a hideout and recovering substantial quantity of ammunition in Rajouri district.
A column of Rashtriya Rifles busted a hideout and recovered the cache from general area of Suni Gala, 2-km from Gadyog belt in Rajouri district today, official sources said here.
The cache included two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), 437 rounds of AK rifle ammunition, 2 AK magazines, 3 detonators, 5 UBGL grenades and 6 Chinese grenades, they said.
The IEDs, weighing 8 kg each, were likely to be used for triggering blasts ahead of the Republic Day function here, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman