Two powerful IEDs recovered from militant hideout
Jammu: Ahead of Republic Day celebrations, security forces foiled the plan of militants to trigger blasts after busting a hideout and recovering substantial quantity of ammunition in Rajouri district.
A column of Rashtriya Rifles busted a hideout and recovered the cache from general area of Suni Gala, 2-km from Gadyog belt in Rajouri district today, official sources said here.
The cache included two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), 437 rounds of AK rifle ammunition, 2 AK magazines, 3 detonators, 5 UBGL grenades and 6 Chinese grenades, they said.
The IEDs, weighing 8 kg each, were likely to be used for triggering blasts ahead of the Republic Day function here, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security