Two powerful IEDs recovered from militant hideout
Jammu: Ahead of Republic Day celebrations, security forces foiled the plan of militants to trigger blasts after busting a hideout and recovering substantial quantity of ammunition in Rajouri district.
A column of Rashtriya Rifles busted a hideout and recovered the cache from general area of Suni Gala, 2-km from Gadyog belt in Rajouri district today, official sources said here.
The cache included two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), 437 rounds of AK rifle ammunition, 2 AK magazines, 3 detonators, 5 UBGL grenades and 6 Chinese grenades, they said.
The IEDs, weighing 8 kg each, were likely to be used for triggering blasts ahead of the Republic Day function here, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town