Two quakes shake JK, no casualties
Srinagar: Two earthquakes of moderate intensity on Monday jolted parts of Jammu and Kashmir sparking panic among people but there was no loss of life or damage to property.
The first quake, measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale, shook Srinagar and other parts of the valley at around 1.15 am, a MeT department official said.
Another 5.4 magnitude tremor struck the region at 7.57 am, he said.
There were no reports of any casualty or damage to property, police said.
The quakes had their epicenter in Eastern Kashmir along the Sino-India border in the frontier region of Ladakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA