Two quakes shake JK, no casualties
Srinagar: Two earthquakes of moderate intensity on Monday jolted parts of Jammu and Kashmir sparking panic among people but there was no loss of life or damage to property.
The first quake, measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale, shook Srinagar and other parts of the valley at around 1.15 am, a MeT department official said.
Another 5.4 magnitude tremor struck the region at 7.57 am, he said.
There were no reports of any casualty or damage to property, police said.
The quakes had their epicenter in Eastern Kashmir along the Sino-India border in the frontier region of Ladakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city