Two soldiers hurt in Kashmir gun battle
Jammu: Two soldiers were injured in a gun battle between security forces and a group of terrorists that entered its fifth day on Saturday in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district, Army sources said.
After a night-long lull in the Beri Rakh forests in Mendhar, some 230 km from here, the gunfight erupted again on Saturday morning. Two soldiers, including a junior commissioned officer, were injured, the sources said.
The Army lost Major Amit Thenge in the gun battle on Tuesday night and now the number of injured has risen to 11, including a colonel and a major.
A group of four terrorists had come from across the Line of Control (LoC) that divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan and two of them have been killed, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai