Two students killed in grenade blast in J&K
Rajouri: A grenade attack has killed at least two school students in Thanamandi area of Rajouri district in Jammu and Kashmir.
Militancy has plagued the valley since more than two decades and most of the time innocent civilians and children are the victims
"The children were going to their school. We do not know how these children became the victims of the blast, in which they were killed," Mohammad Shabir, a local told the reporter on Wednesday.
Another local, Shokat Shawl, slammed Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for making false claims with regards to prevalence of peace in the state.
"The Chief Minister claims that peace prevails in the state. I want to ask that if these people are not militants then who are these people who are promoting militancy and killing innocent children. These people who have committed atrocities on children should be brought to the fore and severely punished," said Shawl.
But officials say the rebel violence has dropped sharply after New Delhi and Islamabad launched a tentative peace process in 2004. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth