Two students killed in grenade blast in J&K
Rajouri: A grenade attack has killed at least two school students in Thanamandi area of Rajouri district in Jammu and Kashmir.
Militancy has plagued the valley since more than two decades and most of the time innocent civilians and children are the victims
"The children were going to their school. We do not know how these children became the victims of the blast, in which they were killed," Mohammad Shabir, a local told the reporter on Wednesday.
Another local, Shokat Shawl, slammed Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for making false claims with regards to prevalence of peace in the state.
"The Chief Minister claims that peace prevails in the state. I want to ask that if these people are not militants then who are these people who are promoting militancy and killing innocent children. These people who have committed atrocities on children should be brought to the fore and severely punished," said Shawl.
But officials say the rebel violence has dropped sharply after New Delhi and Islamabad launched a tentative peace process in 2004. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city