Two troopers hurt in Kashmir firing
Srinagar: Two troopers of the counter -insurgency Rashtriya Rifles (RR) were injured early Saturday in South Kashmir`s Pulwama district when separatist guerrillas opened fired at them, police said.
A senior police officer said that the troops of 42 Rashtriya Rifles were laying a cordon around Inder Gadoora village, some 28 km from here, early on Saturday following information about the presence of a group of militants.
"The cordon laying party was fired upon by the hiding militants, causing injuries to two jawans who have been evacuated to army`s base hospital in Srinagar.
"The cordon has been tightened and the security forces are closing in on the hiding militants.
"The security forces have to move in cautiously to ensure no collateral damage is caused to civilian life and property in the village," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok