Two troopers hurt in Kashmir firing
Srinagar: Two troopers of the counter -insurgency Rashtriya Rifles (RR) were injured early Saturday in South Kashmir`s Pulwama district when separatist guerrillas opened fired at them, police said.
A senior police officer said that the troops of 42 Rashtriya Rifles were laying a cordon around Inder Gadoora village, some 28 km from here, early on Saturday following information about the presence of a group of militants.
"The cordon laying party was fired upon by the hiding militants, causing injuries to two jawans who have been evacuated to army`s base hospital in Srinagar.
"The cordon has been tightened and the security forces are closing in on the hiding militants.
"The security forces have to move in cautiously to ensure no collateral damage is caused to civilian life and property in the village," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?