Two troopers hurt in Kashmir firing
Srinagar: Two troopers of the counter -insurgency Rashtriya Rifles (RR) were injured early Saturday in South Kashmir`s Pulwama district when separatist guerrillas opened fired at them, police said.
A senior police officer said that the troops of 42 Rashtriya Rifles were laying a cordon around Inder Gadoora village, some 28 km from here, early on Saturday following information about the presence of a group of militants.
"The cordon laying party was fired upon by the hiding militants, causing injuries to two jawans who have been evacuated to army`s base hospital in Srinagar.
"The cordon has been tightened and the security forces are closing in on the hiding militants.
"The security forces have to move in cautiously to ensure no collateral damage is caused to civilian life and property in the village," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre