Two Univ campuses to come up in Leh and Kargil in J&K
Jammu: In order to promote education in
Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, two university campuses,
one each in Leh and Kargil districts, will soon come up, the
state government said on Sunday.
"Two university campus, one each for Leh and Kargil,
have been sanctioned and the same will be established soon,"
Minister for Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution and
Transport Qamar Ali Akhoon said while addressing a function
organized by Students Association of Ladakh at Jammu and
Friends of Ladakh Society University here.
Efforts for opening of Government BEd Colleges in the
twin districts are also under consideration, he said.
Calling for evolving a morale-based education system
in the State, Akhoon said the objective can be achieved by
maintaining cordial relation among students, teachers and
He asked the student fraternity to work hard and
adopt good habits and imbibe spirit of honesty and dedication
to prepare themselves for the world of competition.
The Minister also paid rich tributes to those killed
in last year`s cloudburst in Ladakh region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth